From small native ponies to working hunters, Argyll is host to a small but enthusiastic population of equine enthusiasts. Oban Vets is pleased to support them in their pursuits and offers the following services:
- Vettings; both 2 and 5 stage vettings can be carried out. Due to the local geography we are often being asked to vet our own clients' horses. This can be a delicate situation, please call to discuss any requirements
- Dentistry; Alasdair has a keen interest in the dental care of horses and recently acquired a motorised burr to enable him to provide a more complete service
- In house worm (and fluke) egg counts to enable strategic parasite control
- Routine vaccinations, health checks.and lameness examination
- Riding establishment inspections for council licensing
- The practice works closely with the Weipers centre at Glasgow University to deal with more demanding cases.
Please contact us to discuss your requirements.